Got a Suggestion or Submission?

Got a Suggestion or Submission?
Send me an email to Niki at HoldingOntoTheMagic dot com!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

[Back to the Diet]

I had a colonoscopy at the end of January (sorry if that's oversharing!), and the result for me was simply that I have IBS, not Celiac's or Crohn's, as I feared (the latter does run in the family--a cousin who is not much older than me just had his colon removed recently due to Crohn's, so it was a valid worry, especially since I had a lot of symptoms of my own). Severe and annoying IBS, but just IBS all the same. It did have the unexpected effect of giving me a short one-month reprieve from my lactose intolerance, since my system got flushed out. But, as of this week, milk and I are no longer on speaking terms.

What does all this mean? Well, a renewed interest in finding new lactose-free recipes, of course, and that means more posts! I do apologize for slacking off for awhile there. Keep your eyes peeled for something new in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam, bigotry, and rudeness. Please allow up to one week for your comment to appear, especially around holidays and during school breaks when I may be taking a hiatus from the internet. Otherwise, I welcome feedback and hope to hear your kind words soon!